Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Our Verses for the Battle

iChemo sending healing courtesy all kinds of drugs, iPod playing
Karla's favorite band (who else? DANYA)

When Karla first called me with the news of her cancer, I knew I needed God's Word, and I knew that she would need His Word. But I couldn't think. And when I opened His Word, the type was fuzzy...I couldn't focus. Everything had so quickly become overwhelming. So I emailed my new friend, Caroline Boykin, author of The Well-Versed Family. "Caroline," I wrote, "If you have a list of healing verses or verses of comfort easily accessible, would you please send them my way?" That sweet lady sent me these verses (below) within just a couple of hours. What a comfort! I'm sharing these with all of you today, and I hope that they will bring the same comfort , hope, and healing to you, in whatever your life's situation may be.

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me,
for in you my soul takes refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings
until the disaster has passed.
I cry out to God Most High,
to God, who fulfills his purpose for me. (Psalm 57:1-2)

Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge. (Psalm 62:8)

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast. (Psalm 139:7-10)

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging. (Psalm 46:1-3)

When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
your love, O LORD, supported me.
When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul. (Psalm 94:18-19)


My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. (John 10:27-29)

You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me. (Psalm 139:5)

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands. (Psalm 63:1-4)

Be not far from me, O God;
come quickly, O my God, to help me. (Psalm 71:12)


Rebecca
Don't miss any great parenting info: Subscribe to my daily email newsletter! Click HERE.


1 comment:

life...just saying said...

Thank you for sharing these verses. I found comfort in them today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails