Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Depositing Currency in Your Child's Account

Hey Everybody,

What does it mean to invest in your child? Well, what does it mean to invest in anything?

Here's an answer I found online:

"Your focus in investing is on return and can run the spectrum from conservative to very aggressive in terms of risk. One way you measure results is by the expected return weighed against the anticipated risks." I invest in my children because I want to see a return. How much I invest is determined by what I anticipate the results will be.


Financially, for example, I have invested a lot of money in teeth around here! I was willing to invest the money in orthodontics because I knew that the results would be worth it. (That investment decision was also influenced by the fact that, years ago, my parents invested in my teeth. Thanks, Mom and Dad!)

But the real investment that any mom makes is on her knees. And quite frankly, I do not think that any of us truly understands the "expected return weighed against the anticipated risks." If we did, we would pray a whole lot more! For years now, I've prayed through Stormie Omartian's book, "The Power of a Praying Parent," every month. With 30 days' worth of prayers, it is a great resource to include as part of your quiet time each day. I highly recommend it! It is never too early or too late to begin praying for your children.

When you pray, you can count on the fact that God is working. You may not see it immediately. Then again, you might! But you can count on it--He is at work, behind the scenes and often right in front of your nose! Are you willing to invest some prayer time in your kids? The results will be worth it!

What I Wish I'd Known About The Investment of Prayer (Part One)
What I Wish I'd Known About the Investment of Prayer (Part Two)

Rebecca

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails