Thursday, March 11, 2010

What I Wish I'd Known about the Investment of Prayer -- Denalyn Lucado (Part Two)

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to interview author Denalyn Lucado (yes, she's author Max Lucado's wife) for ParentLife. As the mother of three grown daughters, she shared some of her "what I wish I'd known" thoughts about parenting. I hope you learn, as I did, from her wisdom and experience!

Pray God's Word
"A common prayer of mine as a young mom was, ‘O God, please help me to wake up early so that I can have some quiet time to pray before my girls get up.’ And that was the desire of my heart. But I would pray it differently today. I would pray, ‘Lord, according to Ephesians 6:10, help me to be strong in you and in the power of your might today.’ Moms in Touch really taught me to pray Scripture for my children.


"Find some of your favorite Scriptures, write them on note cards, and stick them around your house. In the morning as you grab a cup of coffee and put your makeup on, dwell on a verse you have posted by the mirror. His Word does not return void. He promises that it will accomplish what it was meant to accomplish, and He will do that in spite of us. It’s those baby steps of obedience that will get you where you want to go. Let God feed you with His Word.


"Your goal is to know God. He wants you to know Him intimately, in such a way that He directs your day. He orders your steps and your minutes. If there is a lack of peace when you wake up, you walk through your house and pray His Word. Just invite His presence into that place. There is an invisible world out there. There is a spiritual war. As moms, the greatest thing we can do for our children is to pray for them."

Rebecca

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails