Thursday, June 25, 2009

No Sexting, A Little Texting, Lots of Nexting

Does your child have a cell phone? If you haven't made that decision yet, you can use the tips posted here for helping you in the thinking about it process! There is lots to consider, and dangers abound!

As for this mom, I don't sext (well, of course not!) and I really don't do much texting, either. (Although I do more than I ever thought I would.) But when it comes to communicating with my older teen via the wireless waves of planet cell, I next.
TEXTING + NAGGING = NEXTING
Oh, come on. Don't tell me you don't do it, too? If you're a parent of a teenager who owns a cell phone, I'll bet you're as guilty as I am. And if you're not nexting, it's time you took advantage of this great opportunity!

I normally next as soon as my teen leaves the house. I've been known to next when she's studying. Late at night, early morning...I'm addicted. I'm a next addict.
Typical nexts that my teen receives:
Do u have sunscreen?
Did u put it on?
Does ur bro have on sunscreen?
When will u b home?
Who is with u?
Did u get gas?

(You will notice that I am not much on text/next lingo. In fact, the English major in me cringes at the splintering of the language. LOL)
Nagging is a mother's mantra. Honestly, I try not to. But my teen will tell you that nexting is just one step down. She doesn't seem to mind too much. She never fails to reply to my nexting, and she's quick, too! She adds smileys and winks but gets straight to the point.
yes mam
yes mam
him 2
5
We're at R's house. We're gonna go get J if that's cool
yes mam

Btw, there is no texting, talking, or even reading my nexts when she is driving! By default, it's a great way to get to talk to her friends--who do text, talk, and read my nexts--when they are riding with her!

Learning as I go,
Rebecca

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute!

Jane In The Jungle said...

LOL, Love this and yes, guilty of nexting...I just didn't know what to call it!!

Edie said...

I love this!

I was thinking that due to texting and twitter, the next generation will have completely changed the English language and us old folks (me not you) won't even know how to read or write any more. :o

Related Posts with Thumbnails