Sunday, May 2, 2010

Please Pray for Nashville

This is the neighborhood behind our church--lots of flooding

Hey Everybody,

Today has been unnerving. I have never seen 13 inches of rain in less than 48 hours, and if you've seen any pictures of what is going on here in the Nashville area, it's really crazy. Every spring I have to gear myself up for the inevitable tornado warnings, but flash flood warnings, and what has happened here this weekend--well, I have never experienced anything like it.

Our power went out today at 6:10 am and only came back on around 5:15 pm. I drove to church early this morning in what can only be described as a deluge. I would have turned around and gone back home, except I had locked myself out of the house LOL so I just pressed on with the boys and by the grace of God we made it to church--where the power and the Power were on, btw :)--but this has been really crazy, scary stuff, so please lift Nashville up in your prayers.

Since the power is back on, we're watching the news and there have been several deaths and numerous injuries. Seeing the images on TV seems surreal--can't believe this is my Nashville. Danya said it best on her FB: "Reminds me how not in control we are."

Thanks for praying.

Rebecca

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails