Friday, January 8, 2010

Resolve to Wait (#15 - #18)

Getty Images
Do you have a major purchase in mind for this year, such as kitchen appliances, a new car, or major home improvement? Well, how long can you wait? When my oven broke, I could have easily gone to the local appliance store and bought a new one on credit. However, my mother-in-law was just three months away from updating her kitchen and purchasing all new appliances. She offered me her old oven; I just had to wait until her new one was installed. Not only did I save money by delaying my own purchase of a new oven for now, but I used the three months of waiting learning lots of different crock pot and stove top recipes! Before making any major purchase, resolve to save money by seeking these alternatives:

15. Repair what you can.

16. Update with less expensive alternatives.

17. Postpone any purchase until you have the cash.

18. Borrow items you need from a neighbor, friend, or family member. Be willing to barter or trade in return.

It's especially good for your kids to see you waiting on something you really want. Puts it all in perspective!

Resolve to Re-Use and Recycle (#19 - #25)


Rebecca
Don't miss any great parenting info: Subscribe to my daily email newsletter! Click HERE.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails