Tuesday, July 29, 2008

UP TO MY EARS!



The corn is in! Doesn't that just look lovely! And after putting up a ton of it already, I can still honestly say that it looks good to me! If you have corn recipes, please send them my way! My sons brought in 40-50 ears yesterday and my mom-in-law took a few of those, but the rest are in my freezer, with more coming in today! The boys brought in some blackberries today, too! There is probably about a half-gallon of those.

I'm up to my ears with writing work this week, as well! I've been proofing my audio book, and I must say, that is a hard job for me. I am visually oriented, and to listen to a book is just not my thing. Fortunately, the narrator, Melissa, has done an excellent job. She is easy to listen to! She is missing my Tennessee twang, however, but I'm sure that is all for the best! :) I was once told by a guy in Cincinnati that he could not afford to bring me in to speak to his homeschooling parents because he could not afford to pay an interpreter so that they would be able to understand me. Hardee har har. He was a really funny dude. (Can you believe that???? I love what "Homeless Hobbes said in the Mitford books. He said something like: "I used' t' talk real fine but I couldn't understand myself.") But anyway, I finally finished that up today, and now it is on to the rest of my list that is totally too long!

But isn't it good to have work to do? And the strength to do it? Definitely!

2 comments:

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Up to your ears in corn, wish I lived closer so I could help out. I used to love helping my mom freeze fresh corn! I would eat it until I felt sick. Fresh corn on the cob is one of my favorite things to eat!

Did you grow the corn?

I am also glad you are blessed with good heath and a sound mind to do all that God has called you to do!!

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

Hi Sonya!

The truth is...I did not grow the corn. My wonderful father-in-law gardens, my sons pick and shuck, and I de-silk (?) and put it up!

I had a ton of it for lunch and it was soooo good!

If you were here to help, I would definitely send you home with a bushel!

Related Posts with Thumbnails