Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Power of a Story: Some of My Favorite Books for Family Read-Aloud

New to Mom Seriously? WELCOME! Be sure to sign up for my daily email newsletter, full of practical tips for purposeful parenting!

I'll be speaking this Saturday morning at the Alabama Homeschool Expo on "The Power of a Story." I'll be sharing some favorite moments from my family's read-alouds over the years, as well as showing parents the how-to of great reading aloud! (Wait 'til you hear my John Wayne voice LOL!) These are some favorite read-aloud books that my family and I have enjoyed together.

No, David!

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Pop-Up Book

The Golden Goblet (Newbery Library, Puffin)

The Bronze Bow

Adam of the Road (Puffin Modern Classics)

The Door in the Wall (Books for Young Readers)

The Swiss Family Robinson (Signet Classics)

Classic Myths to Read Aloud: The Great Stories of Greek and Roman Mythology, Specially Arranged for Children Five and Up by an Educational Expert

Amos Fortune, Free Man (Newbery Library, Puffin)

Calico Captive

Island of the Blue Dolphins

Misty of Chincoteague

Johnny Tremain

Carry On, Mr. Bowditch

The Light and the Glory


Rebecca
Don't miss any great parenting info: Subscribe to my daily email newsletter! Click HERE.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails