Monday, March 14, 2011

Countdown to the Pure In Heart Conference in Lake Charles, LA!

New to Mom Seriously? Welcome! You'll find tons of great parenting articles, homeschooling encouragement, and every day, a Mom's Tip of the Day. Enjoy!

The countdown is on!

Five days from today, Danya and I will be at the Pure In Heart Conference in Lake Charles, LA! I so hope that I get to see some of you there!

There's so much to look forward to: Danya and I love the special time that we spend with the 11-12 year girls in our breakout sessions. The DANYA band will be leading worship, terrific keynote speakers are gearing up for the time they'll be spending with moms, grandmoms, and mentors, and--oh! It is such a watermark day that moms get to spend with their daughters as they take solid, steady steps in preparing their hearts to live wisely in a culture laden with foolishness. Sound good?

Today I'm posting several links that will give you more info about what we talk about with the girls at the Pure In Heart Conference.

Talking About Girls, Friends, and Accountability -- Accountability has become somewhat of a buzzword among Christians, especially among men’s and women’s small groups. If we are not careful, our children will get the impression that accountability is an adult thing, when it is really a Christian thing. (Read More)

You Can't Dig Up Culture -- Probably one of the most difficult concepts to explain to 5th- and 6th-graders is culture. When I'm talking to the tweens at the Pure In Heart Conference, one of the things I am trying to get them to understand is that their image of what they consider to be beautiful has been greatly influenced by the culture in which we live. (Read more)

Redefine Beautiful -- One of the lies prevalent in our girls' everyday culture is this one: If my friends like the way I look, then they will like me. (Read More)


If you're interested in bringing the Pure In Heart conference to your area, please contact us. You can read more about the conference at the official website.




Rebecca
Don't miss any great parenting info: Subscribe to my daily email newsletter! Click HERE.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails