Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Trusting Jesus

Hey Everybody,

Have you ever listened to what you sing? Because I grew up singing the great old hymns, the Lord often brings them to mind, and I will find myself humming a chorus or singing a verse almost absentmindedly--and when I stop and listen to what I am singing, I find that the Lord is using the words to minister to me right where I am.

This morning, the hymn "Trusting Jesus" came to mind. I actually pulled out a hymnal that we had so I could sing through all the verses.

Trusting as the moments fly,
Trusting as the days go by,
Trusting Him whate'er befall,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.

Approaching a new school year offers new opportunities to place our trust in Jesus. Will you do it? I'd love to hear how you are choosing to trust the Lord with your current concerns...whether it is curriculum choices for your homeschool, or praying for the right teachers for your traditionally-schooled children, or wondering how you are going to pay for your child's private school tuition, or whatever you are anxious about. How are you putting your hope in Him during this back-to-school season?


Rebecca

1 comment:

Adoption Mama said...

Rebecca, Trusting Jesus has been so hard and yet so easy all at the same time. I lost my dear mother, who is with Jesus now, in April of this year after caring for her in the last weeks of her life. My oldest lamb finds himself away from home. I started school yesterday and miss him terribly. (See my blog and click on Hoss' picture)

But, Jesus is my hope and righteousness. I am memorizing Psalm 103 with my children. He has blessed us with so many spiritual blessings.

Thanks for your encouragement today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails