Friday, May 14, 2010

In New Jersey!

Hey Everybody!

 
I'm here at the ENOCH convention in beautiful Edison, NJ, and I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store! It's already been fun to catch up with friends from Generations of Virtue, who are offering the teen track here this weekend, and to meet some new friends! I haven't been here in NJ since 2003 when I came with the National Center for Biblical Parenting conferences. I love to hear the New Jersey accent, even though sometimes I can't understand much of what is being said. So I am just trying to smile and nod a lot. LOL! Everytime I open my mouth, people keep asking me where I'm from. Evidently there is something about the way I talk that gives away the fact that I must be from out of town... :) Anyway, when I say, "Nashville," people have been quick to ask about the Nashville Flood and how our city is doing. It has been good to know that people care, and I've been blessed by the concern of others.

Today I'll be speaking on these topics:
  • Tough Questions, Honest Answers
  • Passionate Parenting: Prescription for Mommy Burnout

Tomorrow I have the keynote session first thing in the morning, and I'll be speaking on:
  • The Missional Mom: Living the Good Life!
plus two other sessions later in the day!

So far (LOL!) it doesn't look like I have forgotten anything! There is a Wal-Mart a couple of exits down, so if I did, I'm in good shape! :) My plan is "tweet" throughout the day, as time allows, so if you're on Twitter, please follow me!

btw, Chatty Kelly and MyADHD--I think we passed the exit to your fair city on the way up here! I thought of you guys!


Rebecca

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails