Monday, March 22, 2010

Mom's Tip of the Day Premieres!

Hey Everybody!

I'm excited to let you know about a new feature on my blog! Everyday, besides my regular post, I'll be posting a "Mom's Tip of the Day!" I have hundreds of parenting tips to share with you, and I'm so excited to add this new element to Mom Seriously! But I can't add it without a disclaimer:

I'm a magazine person. I subscribe to several! And I have often thought about how cool it would be if these mags were delivered live and in-person! Can you picture this? See, rather than gorgeous slick pages promising easy how-to’s, I would get the real help I need:
a chef to whip up meals like Mom’s (only without the calories);
a decorator armed with new furniture and fabrics (all on a shoestring budget!);
an organizer carrying cute containers for all my stuff;
a pediatrician sharing the secrets to handling ear infections, colic, and picky eaters;
and a child psychologist who taught my kids to get along with each other!

Most magazines offer the same promises in every issue, and they continue to sell because most of us find “shortcuts” and “easy” answers to be the most appealing way to approach motherhood. But there isn’t an easy way. No one is going to do it for you. And the real answers to being the best mom for your kids will never be found in the promise-laden pages of the latest magazine--or even in a Mom's Tip of the Day! There is nothing easy about parenting. I simply offer these tips as an inspiration and encouragement to help you along your journey! They'll post at noon (CST) each day--so subscribe to my RSS feed or follow me on Twitter to make sure you don't miss one!

I do love tips!


Rebecca

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails