Sunday, December 13, 2009

LOOK WHO'S TALKING ON FAMILYLIFE TODAY!


Hey Everybody,

Can you believe the pic above? I was there and it still seems unbelieveable to me! Wow! If you're a fan of the "FamilyLife Today" radio show, then you know the gentlemen I'm with are Dennis Rainey (right) and Bob Lepine (center). I went to the beautiful FamilyLife headquarters in Little Rock, Arkansas, last Thursday to tape three shows that will air sometime in late spring. It was quite an incredible experience!

The week before the taping, I was diagnosed with an upper respiratory viral infection (sounds lovely, doesn't it?), and I had no voice, y'all. I was a mess! Thank the Lord for His healing power, and also for my family, friends, and church family who were so faithful to pray me through it! I must say, the enemy was working overtime in my life last week. There was warfare on multiple fronts. Praise God, He is ever at work as well, and His victory is always secure! As Rich and I entered the city of limits of Little Rock last Wednesday night, I felt an overwhelming sense of peace as I realized that with all that the enemy was throwing at me, it could only indicate that great things were in store--things that he was trying to stop! One of my favorite verses, James 1:2, came to mind: "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds. . ." And at that point, I began to celebrate! I knew the Lord had great things in store, and there was nothing that could stand in His way!

(L to R) Dennis Rainey, me, Rich, and Bob Lepine

There was a very cool surprise that happened when we were taping the third show. They actually phoned Danya and had her participate when I talking about the dating issue! What a surprise (for both of us!). Unbeknownst to me, they asked Rich for her number, and then they piped her in--how cool is that???

We covered a lot of ground about parenting middle schoolers in those three shows! I am looking forward to its airing in a few months!

Rebecca

1 comment:

Edie said...

Yay Rebecca! I'm so excited for you. I would have been as nervous as could be. LOL! God is doing so much through you on behalf of our youth.

Have a most blessed Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails