Monday, September 28, 2009

UPDATE ON MY KNOXVILLE WEEKEND!

Hey Everybody,


How was Knoxville? Wet. Really wet! I have never seen so much rain. Did it put a damper on things? Well, I guess that depends on how you look at it!



My sister-in-law, Karla, journeyed with me across the state, and the two of us haven't spent time together in a long time. We had a blast! Starbucks, Chick-fil-a, plenty of Diet Coke, and it's a good road trip. :) When we got to the Live at Five studio, we were tickled to see that Patti Page was in the house! She's incredible. That was a real treat! (She was going to be singing the Tennessee Waltz at the UT game on Saturday evening. She said she was nervous about it! I guess that's a good thing. It makes me feel better, anyway, to know that she's been getting up in front of people for seven decades and she still gets butterflies!)

My segment was about 2 minutes, and I found myself talking mostly about encouraging our kids to have an attitude of forgiveness, and claiming one for ourselves, as well, as we walk through the middle school years. Since I never really know what they are going to ask, I also never know what the Lord is going to have me say!

Book signing: I took some pictures at my book signing because several dear friends braved the torrential downpour, and I am NOT exaggerating, to swim out to see me. It was good to see everyone. It was a real blessing, and there were quite a few tears (you know that means I'm happy!) Thank you, North Knoxville LifeWay, for hosting the signing!

Saturday evening, I got to fellowship with and speak to the very lovely ladies of Cherokee Hills Baptist Church. It was a great evening! It's always fun to meet up with moms who have "met" me already through Baby Boot Camp, and I am so thankful to tell you that it is going into another reprint! That's a thrill, and I'm amazed by what the Lord is doing with that little book!

Now, it's catch-up time, y'all. My house is chaos! But it sure was a sweet...although drippy wet...weekend!


Rebecca

1 comment:

Jane In The Jungle said...

It's fitting that I am reading this today since my post is on forgiveness! We got to Pigeon Forge the next Sunday and I may say the weather was beautiful!! So glad we traveled a day later although my oldest was at the Tn game. What a thrill to meet Patty Page!

Related Posts with Thumbnails