Wednesday, May 7, 2008

NO WAY!


I want to share a story a mom told me at the SHEM conference. We were talking and she said that her son was going through the "Dig Deep" Bible study and really enjoying it. She told him when she left that morning that she was going to the conference to see me and go to some of my talks.
Her son looked surprised.
"She is a mom," the woman said, by way of explanation.
"No way," he replied.
"What do you mean, 'no way'?" she asked.
"She can't be. She understands too much."

Those words were a real compliment! It meant so much to me. God led me to write this study for my boys, and I am so thankful that He is using it in the lives of other young men. May He receive the praise! When I first began writing Dig Deep, I was really concerned that I was a woman writing to boys. But I really wanted to write it! As I prayed through it, I began to realize that it is we moms who are the ones at home with our sons when they have questions that just can't wait until Dad gets home. And there are lots of single moms out there who are looking for a vehicle they can use to enter into some discussions/conversations they need to have with their sons! So, for all of you, there is Dig Deep! And it is such an encouragement to hear from moms who tell me their boys have loved it.

I often get mail from girls who have been through the Wise Up! and Get Real! studies--but it is rare to hear from a boy! I hear instead from their moms. And that's great! I love it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails