Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Day at Home

My friend Sandy and I had breakfast together yesterday and it was such a treat! Sandy is one of my favorite people in the world, and she is such a dear friend to me. We have been homeschooling together for the past 12 years. (I cannot believe it has been 12 years!) Just this year, the two of us began teaching at our umbrella school's tutorial program, one day a week. Sandy is teaching K-1 and I've got high school students for a writing class. We have both really enjoyed this, but it has certainly stretched us out of our comfort zones, primarily in regard to our daily schedules.

One thing I have always tried to share with moms, whether you homeschool or not, is this: If you are not home, what is there will not get done. It will be waiting for you when you return. I personally keep hoping there is a good fairy somewhere who will come and do all of the laundry, dishes, cleaning up and clutter corraling for me, but so far, it hasn't happened. LOL! But we were just talking about how far behind we were in that area. (We were so behind we decided to go out for breakfast and talk about it! LOL! )

But anyway, today I'm home all day, and I have been trying to get caught up on LOTS of stuff. I think I need a day like this every so often. A day when I can just get caught up. I've been catching up on my newsletters (if you haven't signed up yet, please go to my website and check them out! I've got two: one for new moms and one for moms in general!), right now I'm trying to catch up on my blog (have you ever noticed that you think of great blogs when you are NOWHERE NEAR THE COMPUTER!?!? That happens to me all the time!!), and I have three articles due by the end of the month. Not to mention being sure that I am prepared for a couple of upcoming conferences! WHEW!!! I'm sure I will need more than one day to catch up.
But I love being home, don't you? I read an article once where Jan Karon (author of the Mitford series) loves to write all day with a pot of something really good simmering on the stove. Mmmm. It's the perfect day for that here. It is overcast and very grey outside. There's a fire going in our fireplace, and I've got a house full of boys playing games and enjoying a very January Saturday.

I hope you are having a great Saturday at home, too.

To return to my website, please click here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails