Friday, August 26, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up: Back to School

New to Mom Seriously? Welcome! You'll find tons of great parenting articles, and homeschooling encouragement. Enjoy!


Have you started school yet? We've been at it for about a week now. We got our groove on pretty quickly, not surprisingly, as I have teen sons who require mainly just management from me. They are immersed in the Notgrass history studies--which we LOVE--and this year (drum roll please) we are using Rosetta Stone. I got a real deal on it at the Southeast Homeschool Expo, the kind of deal that dismisses any excuses, and so we are locked in. We are doing Spanish (Latin American) and we will just see how it goes. I actually made the purchase for my youngest, Derek, a freshman this year, but I got the first three levels, and my older son, who had Spanish 1 and Spanish 2 through a tutorial program, wants to give Level 3 a try. If we love it, of course, I will wish I had gotten it with the first child rather than the last, but I think it will be worth it's weight in gold if we can just learn how to better communicate with the folks in our own community.

It's good to be back in a school schedule, although we are all having to be weaned off summer.I have so enjoyed my bloggy vacation/summer break. We've had tons of things going on around here: DANYA's new EP was released, David bought his first CAR (and with his own money, too!), Derek got a Facebook, and my sister-in-law is doing tremendously well as she fights breast cancer. Praise the Lord! I will be sharing some pictures with you over the coming weeks. 

By the way, the Mom's Tip of the Day (MTOD) has been moved to my Facebook page. It makes more sense to put it there, and save me a bunch of time, so if you haven't "liked" my author page yet, please do! And the tips will go up on my Twitter, as well.

Check out all this week's Weekly Wrap Ups at my friend Kris's blog. Have a great weekend!



Rebecca
Don't miss any great parenting info: Subscribe to my daily email newsletter! Click HERE.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails