Sunday, October 11, 2009

In the Flesh: A Coupon Jedi

Hey Everybody,

I want you to know I have now seen a Coupon Jedi in the flesh.

My boys and I were at Publix for our weekly shopping trip (Let me insert here that I am actually a loyal Kroger customer. Ahem. I have just started going to Publix on a deals-only basis LOL). As we went to checkout, there was a lady in line in front of us with a STACK of coupons. The cashier looked at me and said, "You might want to go to another line. This is going to take a while."

Are you kidding me? "No way," I replied. "I want to watch."

Well, 20 minutes later, after the manager walked over three times to validate things and other checkers came over to watch, too, the gal in front of me spent $73.

And she saved $136.

So, it really does happen! I was impressed, needless to say, and if I had had my camera with me, I would have taken a picture of her.

I'm telling y'all, this thing works, and every Monday I am adventure shopping, trying to get my totals down. It did me a world of good to see that Coupon Jedi and just be encouraged!

My daughter just explained to me that if I stick with this terminology, it makes me a Coupon Padawan.

May the force be with you!

Rebecca

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails